Slipgear's Gem
Charm Aug - all slots
AC 10
All stats +15
HP/MP/END +50
All SV +10

... then you need not read further.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, I recommend you go to www.mapfiend.net and DL a current set of maps ... they don't yet show the locations of where to move and complete the scouting steps, but they are better than nothing at all (WAY better).

This multi-zone exploration quest begins in Corrathus Creep(CC) with
Cartographer Slipgear.

Hail him and go through his dialogue and obtain all of his tasks.

The tasks all involve just scouting the various DoDH zones (so there is NO reason to not have all of the tasks at once, unless you have a better Charm aug, since you can pick up the occasional update for the various tasks just by moving through the various zones or doing missions.)

The various task descriptions even give general locations of where to check for the various steps in each task (kinda funny the gnomebot has never gone out to explore, but generally knows where each portion he wants scouted is).

Now for the easy one ... the task to scout CC.
You can do this one easily enough while invis (or not, since only one area has KoS mobs, and they are light blue to a lvl 70).
Just move all throughout the zone (refer to the task description to get general hints as to which part of zone to go to for each step).

Upon scouting all the areas, your next step in the task is to report back to the Cartographer with your information and receive your reward!

Hail him and you will receive Slipgear's Gem:
Charm Aug - all slots

Now is where you can decide how you wish to progress to completing the other tasks to upgrade your new augment.

First Way:
Just go with the flow. Aka, since all the tasks are unlimited time, just explore and mission and exp normally and whenever you run through and obtain a task update, just return and hail the cartographer once you complete all the steps in a zone task.

Second Way:
Use the Shroud, Luke!
Get yerself into a lvl 70 rogue shroud, and go sneak your way through all the zones and get your steps completed.
A) You'll get a basic understanding of the layout of each zone (nice for when you are actually moving through with real char).
B) You can complete the tasks in a cpl hours and max the aug.

Now, as to the aug itself ... it doesn't show any stats until you actually aug it and then zone.

There are very few aug charms available, and if you use shroud method (or even conventional), you can get a very decent upgrade to your charm w/o the hundreds of missions you'd need to have to max LDoN charm aug.

EW
Old 09-15-2005, 02:34 PM
Ferocious

Very nice write up, nice stats on gem as well ;o a bit better than my ldon aug.

Old 09-15-2005, 11:11 PM
Frenzied

where do you grab the rogue shroud? I haven't done much with DoDH yet.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:51 AM
Hectic

There are 2 DON charms that have 2 aug slots. Some people i know are usign both aug's with the less health then you, or near other healers charms

The stats are a little low in comparison on the charm itself, but get the 2nd DOD aug to make a weaker charm pretty descent. This idea works well btw especially if your LDON charm is near max, and your a raider, as the "closer to other healer" and "less hp augs" max much higher in a raid environment.

Axenessy 70 zerker
Shortnessy 70 cleric
Old 10-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Rabid

Download the DoD maps from Mapfiend and cut and paste the loc from the following link into your map txt files and you should be able to knock this out in 2-3 hours.
Slipgear task /loc's
Old 10-04-2005, 12:09 PM
Frenzied

you get the Shroud form in PoK. 3 spots i know of. one on hill by big bank. 2. on the hill by the bridge next to nexus stone. 3. on right side of small bank on hill.

hail shroud and window will pop up. when you get shroud if you wanna remove you say /say remove.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Hectic

Default Shourds.

I haven't played with the shrouds much, but I was wondering whether the max level shroud you can assume is based on you actual level (i.e., a level 65 can assume a 65 shroud but not a 70 shroud). Is this assumption correct? Also, does the 65 rogue shroud get hide and sneak that is sufficient to complete the tasks?
Old 10-04-2005, 01:55 PM
Vehement

yes, 65 is the max for a 65 person
yes, 65 is enough to finish I would think, just make sure you have lev, it help a LOT in hive. (if a 65 can zone into hive, not tried it yet)

=)
Old 10-04-2005, 02:20 PM
Manic

I did this at 46, with a 45 rogue shroud. Just realize you can get the hive ones done without ever going past a see invis mob or having to deal with a trap. yes you have to go around the long way, and avoid peeking around certain corners, but it's doable.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Hectic

Default Thanks.

Excellent, thanks for the information. I will try this tonight with the 65 shroud. I have a 65 cleric hydra, so even if I die a few times, it's only an inconvience.
Old 10-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Yecer Magmalious

hmm...i'll have to see if i can do the long way around t hing for the hive....that's the only thing holding me back from having them all done....ty for the idea
Old 11-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Sexiest of All!

I got my aug yesterday. Took about two hours and was following my bf's alt (he already did it on his main) Only had a problem with the Web trap in the Hive. But definatly worth it. And only a few people actually have it so nice to show off lol

Canadian Girls Kick Ass
Old 11-02-2005, 05:29 PM
Ravager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamudanie
I got my aug yesterday. Took about two hours and was following my bf's alt (he already did it on his main) Only had a problem with the Web trap in the Hive. But definatly worth it. And only a few people actually have it so nice to show off lol
Wow a female Berserker sighting!
Old 11-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Homicidal Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernz
Wow a female Berserker sighting!
You're surprised? Personally I'm only surprised there aren't a hell of a lot more, then maybe not everyone has had gf's / wives with PMT :P
Old 11-03-2005, 09:46 AM
Frenzied

What is the long way around in the Hive? I have hit a couple of points before getting some aggro from a see invis mob.

Also, If you download the map overlays from mapfiend, the locations are on the map for all of the spots that you need to hit in all the zones.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:02 AM
Sexiest of All!

LOL yes a female serker sighting. And hey... i was playing before i met my bf and found out he played :P

Though i must say i didn't realize that 1. serkers were so rare and 2. girls wer so rare or 3. the two combined

So beware i may need more help guys :P

Canadian Girls Kick Ass