Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 01:38 PM
Sexiest of All!

Default READ ME - Berserker FAQ 2.0

========
General Questions
========
Q: Is there a serverwide chat channel for berserkers?
A: Yes, it is serverwide.berserker:berserker

Q: What are our level titles?
A: Levels 1-50 are Berserkers, levels 51-54 Brawlers, levels 55-59 Vehements, levels 60-64 Rager, and level 65s are Furies. Level 70- 75 are Ravager, Level 75’s are Juggernaughts

Q. Does It Matter what Race I choose? And are there advantages to any race?
A. The race that you choose, within those available is a personal choice. There are differences within the races however.
A1.Dwarf – small, night vision
A2.Barbarian – slam
A3.Vah Shir – Sneak, safe fall, night vision
A4.Troll - slam, night vision
A5. Ogre – slam, night vision, no stun from front

========
Statistics and What they are
========
Q. What do the stats actually do?
A.1 STR (strength): Strength is one factor in determining how much damage you do with weapons and special attacks. It directly affects the amount of weight you can carry before suffering penalties. It also increases your chance to gain Offense and Bash skill points.
A2. STA (stamina): Stamina increases your maximum hitpoints. Different classes get more hitpoints per point of stamina than others. Stamina also determines your maximum air supply when you are underwater or in an airless zone.
A3. AGI (agility): Agility is one factor in determining your avoidance -- how often NPC's will miss when trying to hit you. It also increases your chances to gain points in some combat skills.
A4. DEX (dexterity): Dexterity affects your chances for special melee abilities such as combat effects (proc's) and critical hits. It increases your chances to gain points in most combat skills. It is also a factor in determining how much damage you do with throwing weapons and archery.
A5. WIS (wisdom): Wisdom affects your chances of gaining skill points in most skills, if it is higher than your intelligence.
A6. INT (intelligence): Intelligence affects your chances of gaining skill points in most skills, if it is higher than your intelligence.
A7. CHA (charisma): Charisma affects how much merchants will charge you for their wares (and how much they will buy them from you). It also affects the chances for charm, memory blur, mesmerization, and divine intervention spell effects to work.

Q. What is a Heroic Item?
A. For player characters that have reached the maximum level for stats, equipping normal items with increased attributes offers no benefit. Heroic Items feature particular stats that allow players to go beyond those maximums. For each point in a heroic stat, the player gains one point in the statistic and the maximum on that statistic is increased by one point. In addition, heroic stats offer benefits beyond the normal statistics.

Q. What are the heroic stats and what do they do?
A1. Heroic Strength: Increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have. Also increases damage done by melee attacks and improves the bonus granted to armor class while using a shield
A2. Heroic Stamina: Increases hit point pool, hit point regen, and the maximum amount of hit point regen a character can have. Also increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have.
A3. Heroic Agility: Increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have. Also increases the chance to dodge an attack, grants a bonus to defense skill, and reduces falling damage.
A4. Heroic Dexterity: Increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have. Also increases damage done by ranged attacks, improves chance to successfully assassinate or headshot, and improves the chance to riposte, block, and parry incoming attacks.
A5. Heroic Wisdom: For wisdom-based casters, increases mana pool, mana regen, and the maximum amount of mana regen a character can have.
A6. Heroic Intelligence: For intelligence-based casters, increases mana pool, mana regen, and the maximum amount of mana regen a character can have.
A7. Heroic Charisma: Improves reaction rolls with some NPCs and increases the amount of faction you gain or lose when faction is adjusted.

Q. What affects AC (armor class) and what does AC do?
A. Your AC is a combination of you Defense Skill, your Agility, and any items you have equipped that give AC. AC is a composite skill, comprising both your ability to avoid hits, and in the event of being hit, your ability to mitigate (reduce) the damage. As a non-tank class, your AC will not compare to the tanking classes (Warrior, Paladin, Shadowknight) and is secondary to your offensive stats.

Q. What affects ATK (attack) and what does ATK do?
A. Your ATK is affected by your strength, your Offense Skill, and your Weapon Skill with whichever weapon type you are currently using. ATK is a composite skill, comprising both your ability to hit, and your ability to do damage. Strength affects your maximum and average damage, but does NOT affect your chance to actually hit.

========
Armor and Weapons
========

Q: What type of armour can we wear?
A: We are a chain class.

Q. What types of weapons can we use?
A. Berserkers can use 2 handed weapons of either Blunt, Pierce or Slashing

Q: Should I skill up in all 3 weapon types or is one good enough?
A: Take the time to skill up on all 3 weapon types. There are several reasons for doing so. There are many excellent weapons available to Berserkers of all 3 types and you never know which you may find yourself using. In certain zones, mainly those from the GoD expansion, mobs take greater damage from a specific weapon type. Lastly, if you decide that you would like to make your Berserker a raider there are many events where you will need more than one weapon set.

Q: Do Berserkers have an epic? What is it? What level can I start at? How do I get it?
A: Yes we have an epic, in fact at this time there are 3 epics for us and a special aug that gives what is generally called “epic 2.5”.
A1: The Epic 1.0 “Kerasian Axe of Ire” can be
started at level 46Walkthrough
A2: The Epic 1.5 “Raging Taelosian Alloy Axe” can be started at level 65 - Walkthrough
A3: The Epic 2.0 “Vengeful Taelosian Blood Axe” can be started at level 70 - Walkthrough
A4: The Epic 2.5 “Vengeful Shard of the Ancients” (invisible (non-removable) augmentation to your epic 2.0) -Walkthrough
Additionally there is a wonderful wealth of information in the Epic Discussion section of the GoBerserker website.

========
Skills and Tomes
========

Q. I was given a tome in the tutorial. What do I do with it?
A. Tomes are readable using a right click for the most part. Some you may need to show to your guild master to have read for you.

Q. When I try to use the skill from my tome I get an error message what did I do wrong?
A. For the most part skills gained from tomes consume an axe that you have summoned. The exceptions to this are Volley and War Cry/Shouts.

Q: What components do I need to summon my axe? And what are the stats on the level XX summoned axe?!
A: A full listing of axe components & stats is available here.

Q: What are types of Berserker abilities can we gain through tomes?
A: The abilities gained (there are varying levels of each available as you level up) are Auras, Jolt, Snare, Stun and Volley, War Cry.

Q. What are Auras?
A: Auras are from the Prophecy of Ro (PoR) expansion. There are two types of Auras - Aura of Rage (level 55) and Bloodlust Aura (level 70). An aura is a group affecting short term buff. It increases the damage done by melee critical hits by any group member within the immediate vincinity of the caster. The amount of the increase is greater in the level 70 version than the level 55 version

Q: How do I get my Aura?
A: Aura of Rage is gained through the completion of the quest "Challice of Life" given out by Lilthill`yan's Ghost in Ruins of Takish-Hiz (approx. loc -545, -365.). While Bloodlust Aura, is gained upon completion of the Sky 3 (the Laboratory) mission in Arcstone.

Q: What is Jolt?
A: This ability decreases an NPC's hate, making it less likely to attack the Berserker. Additionally it reduces the Berserker's ability to generate hate, making the NPC less likely to note his actions instantly.

Q: What is Volley?
A: Volley is an ability that came out of the Dragons of Norrath (DoN) Expansion. There are two types of Volley - Rage Volley (level 61) and Destroyer Volley (level 69). Volley is basically a series of 4 attacks, as though you’d thrown 4 axes (Rage or Volley) with a 12 second delay. Volley has 100% accuracy and normally only avoidable with block/dodge/parry. It is affected by throwing mods, such as on the Ukun Muzzle of Savagery, or the gloves from Qvic, and also affected by Throwing Mastery.

Q: How do I get Volley?
A: There are 4 (?) Volley tomes
A1. Rage Volley is a vendor bought tome from either of the DoN merchants and costs 120 crystals.
A2. Destroyer Volley is gained by doing DoN Progressions (see the checklists in the quest forum)
A3. Annihaltor's Volley (must have TBS Expansion)
--rk1 is acquired by gaining (?) faction with the Pirates in The Buried Sea. Cost is (?)doubloons. Vendor is???
---rk2 is acquired by gaining Ally faction in Katta Castrum. Cost is (?) orux. Vendor is???
A4. Decimator's Volley (must have SoF Expansion)
---rk1 is a drop in Hills of Shade.
---rk2 is acquired by gaining ally faction with the gnome faction "Ak'Anon Strike Force V" in Dragonscale Hills. Cost is 9K pp from a mechanical vendor near the cannon

Q: Which focus effect / AA affect volley?
A: Blistering rage focus and the Throwing Mastery AA both affect Volley. While the Sharpshooting I focus and the DeadAim (Thowing Accuracy) AA both do not affect Volley, which is mainly because the accuracy for volleys is pretty much maxed already

Q. What are War Crys
A. War Crys are short terms buffs that affect your group, or when you buy the MGB AA can be MBG’d to an entire raid. There are two basic buff lines:

"Hundred Hands" Line
Level 30: Battle Cry (10 Atk, -1 Hundred Hands Effect)
Level 50: War Cry (20 Atk, -2 Hundred Hands Effect)
Level 57: Battle Cry of Dravel (30 Atk, -3 Hundred Hands Effect)
Level 64: War Cry of Dravel (40 Atk, -4 Hundred Hands Effect)
Level 65: Battle Cry of the Mastruq (50 Atk, -4 Hundred Hands Effect)
Level 65: Ancient: Cry of Chaos (60 Atk, -5 Hundred Hands Effect)

"Defensive Proc" Line
Level 70: Bloodthirst (70)

Q: What is the Hundred Hands Effect? How does it work?
A: The Hundred Hands effect reduces the effective weapon delay by x% of your original unhasted weapon delay after regular haste is applied. It stacks with all other forms of haste and overhastes, except other Hundred Hands Effect mods, in which case only the highest modifier is used. E.g. A 40 Delay weapon with 100% haste has an effective delay of 20. Ancient: Cry of Chaos would then reduce another 5% of 40 = 2 to give it an effective delay of 18.

Q. Where can I obtain the tome for Bloodthirst War Cry?
A. Bloodthirst is an ability that came out of Prophecy of Ro (PoR) and is obtained as the result of quest “Saga Skins” http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...html?quest=3427 or via an alternative collection quest gotten in Svrag, Stronghold of Rage http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...html?quest=3434 (there are four versions of this quest).

Q: Where can we find our tomes?
A: Tome Vendor List:http://www.goberserker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299
A2: Travel to GoD thread: http://www.goberserker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1838
A3: TSS: Tomes:http://www.goberserker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4039
A4: TBS: Still to come
J Slackers all of you
A5: SoF: Still to come J Slackers all of you

========
Innate & AA Gained Abilities
========

Q: Can we land Critical or Crippling hits?
A: Berserkers (like Warriors) get innate Crit at level 12. However, we are not able to land crippling hits without getting the AA Disc Cleaving Anger.

Q: Can we triple at level 60?
A: Yes, we get innate triple at 60.

Q: Do we get double attack? If so, what level?
A: Yes, we get double attack at level 15.

Q: How many times can I swing in one round?
A; Without AA’s you can swing 3 times per normal combat round. With full AA’s and using discs you can max out at 7 swings per normal combat round. Volley will add an additional 4 swings while a fully landing frenzy will add 3 bringing your full total to a max of 14 per normal combat round.

Base = 3
Base + AAs (no discs/etc) = 6
Base + AAs + Discs/etc = 14
Base -AAs + Discs/etc = 10 (tripple + frenzy + volley)

Q: What AA’s / Discs will affect how many times can I swing in one round?
A. Completeing flurry AAs will add 2 swings
A1. Completing Punishing Blade AAs will add the possibility of 1 swing on every successful double/or triple attack
A2. Vetrans Flurry disc adds an additional 1 swing

Q: What level can we start earning AA’s?
A: As with any class AA’s can be earned starting at level 51

Q: What are our AA titles?
A: Baron, Veteran, Savage

========
Tribute
========

Q: What is tribute?
A: Tribute was introduced in the Gates of Discord expansion and allows you to exchange items or plat for favour points, which in turn may then be used to purchase spells and effects. They are normal spells, and as such are susceptible to stacking and cap issues. Once a buff is purchased, it will continue to be in effect until you run out of favour points, turn the effect off, or die. The "tick" of these spells is approximately 10 minutes, and each tick will take favour points out of your pool.

Q: What is guild tribute?
A: This is the same as Personal Tribute but on a guild level and stacks with Personal Tribute. You must belong to a guild and opt in to the Guild Tribute via the tribute master in your Guild hall. Only officers of a guild can turn this on or off. However anyone can contribute to the Tribute points.

Q: How do I bring up the tribute window to turn it on or off?
A: ALT U to bring it up and then click the Activate or Deactivate button. It is all on or all off. You cannot selectively turn on benefits (i.e., just one of them). There is a second tab that shows Guild Tribute – if your tribute is running and Guild tribute is turned on you automatically receive its benefits.

Q: If I want to use personal tribute, who would I go see to turn in the items?
A: Go to your home town and click the Find button. In the list, look for Tribute Master. Give him or her items you loot from killing mobs. You can give them plat also, but that is foolish since you can buy items in the bazaar that tribute for a greater amount than what you paid for them. For example, people working on the Smithing tradeskill often makes hundreds of Mistletoe Cutting Sickles. They generally sell for 200 to 250p, but tribute for 1,312 favor points! There are lots of other examples

Q: How many tribute buffs are you allowed to have open at one time?
A: You can have a maximum of five tribute affects running at once

Q. What buffs can I get using Tribute?
A. The following buffs are available
Aura of Clarity - Increases mana regen
Vengeful Aura - Increases weapons efficiency
Power of Will - Increases the spell potency
Bulwark of Honor- Increases Armor Class
Arm of Strength - Increases Strength
Body of the Brute- Increases Stamina
Rabbit's Song - Increases Agility
Juggler's Hands - Increases Dexterity
Sage's Advice- Increases Wisdom
Sage's Knowledge - Increases Intelligence
Glowing Beauty - Increases Charisma
Strength of Body – Increases hit points (10,20,50,70,100,150)
Strength of Mind– Increases mana (10,20,50,70,100,150)
Replenishing Body – Increases regen rate
Harmony of Drums- Increases the efficiency of drum songs
Harmony of Wind - Increases the efficiency of wind songs
Harmony of String - Increases the efficiency of string songs
Harmony of Horns - Increases the efficiency of brass songs
Chorus- increases the efficiency of singing songs
Concerto – increases the efficiency of all songs
Strength of Will– Increases endurance (10,20,50,70,100,150)
Visions of Suffering - Increases efficiency
Persistent Boon – Extends Spells
Power of Sight – Increased spell range
Power of Recovery - Improved Healing
Power of Conservation - Mana Preservation
Power of Alacrity - Spell Haste
Visions of Command - Summoning Efficiency
Commanding Presence- Summoning Haste
Swift Arms- increases your worn weapon haste.
Power of Suffering- Burning Affliction
Gills of the Bass - Enduring Breath
Candlelight Vigil- Ultravision
Sight of the Falcon - See Invisible
Gift of the Enchanter - Faerune
Ethereal Protection – IncreasedMagic Resistance
Blazing Shield – IncreasedFire Resistance
Insulation IncreasedCold Resistance
Antibody– IncreasedDisease Resistance
Antidote– IncreasedPoison Resistance

Canadian Girls Kick Ass
Old 12-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Sexiest of All!

Calling All Berserkers!

I have (with the help of some others) made some slight updates to the Berserker FAQ. However, there we are still missing some key information for our referance guide and welcome to all new Berserkers.

Please have a look at the RED bolded sections and if you have the answer please post it here!

If you think there is a vital piece of information missing please post it here!

Canadian Girls Kick Ass
Old 12-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Berserker

outstanding piece of info. very impressed. thank you for putting it together.
Old 12-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Ravager

Triple Attack has been moved from a hidden skill gained at 60 to a displayed skill available at 46.

Level : Cap
46 : 20
47 : 40
48 : 60
49 : 80
50 : 100
51 : 110
52 : 120
53 : 130
54 : 140
59 : 190
60 : 200

At least, thats what I found prior to SoF. I don't know if SoF adjusted the skill caps for those levels.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Manic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamudanie
========
Q: What AA’s / Discs will affect how many times can I swing in one round?
A. Completeing flurry AAs will add 2 swings
A1. Completing Punishing Blade AAs will add the possibility of 1 swing on every successful double/or triple attack
A2. Vetrans Flurry disc adds an additional 1 swing
Vengeful Flurry Discipline is what I think you are talking about there, not Veterans.
Closed Thread